The History Department has decided to make some funds available to help students who are presenting at academic conferences. While we imagine that this will most apply to graduate students, we will also consider applications from undergraduates. We encourage students to present their research and our faculty would be happy to work with any student who wants advice about the conference process or practice presenting an academic paper.
To apply for funds, please use the following guidelines:
- Any student who has been accepted to present at an academic conference is eligible to apply.
- Each semester, we will have available 3 grants of $300 each (so 6 grants per academic year).
- Each student is eligible for only one grant each academic year.
- Please apply by the end of this semester and no later than February 10, 2012 for spring 2012 funds by submitting the following materials to Prof. Marjorie Levine-Clark or Prof. Pam Laird:
- An abstract of the paper you will present, noting the name of the conference and its location.
- Proof of acceptance of the paper (an email or letter from the program chair).
- An estimated budget.