In addition to the following, students pursuing this option must meet all the general requirements for the M.A. in History.
course requirements: 36 total credit hours
Required Course -- 3 credit hours
HIST 6013 Historiography
Public History Courses -- 18 credit hours chosen from the following
These courses focus on methodology and practice. Each earns 3 credit hours.
- HIST 5234 Introduction to Public History
- HIST 6645 Archival Management
- HIST 5226 U.S. Business History
- HIST 5232 Historic Preservation
- HIST 5243 Public History Administration
- HIST 5231 History in Museums
- HIST 5240 National Parks History
- HIST 5228 Western Art & Architecture
- HIST 5242 Oral History
Minor Field -- 9 credit hours
Select one of the following fields as a minor and earn a mimimum of 9 credit hours in that field:
- The United States
- Modern Europe
- Modern Britian
- Latin America
- Science, Technology and Medicine
Thesis -- 6 credit hours
Thesis writing shall be done under the supervision of the candidate’s major advisor.