Department of English
- The Writing Center: The Writing Center at CU Denver is a free service available to all UCD students who wish to improve as writers. In the Writing Center, students meet for 50-minute one-on-one appointments with a Professional Writing Consultant to discuss ideas, organization, thesis development, incorporation of sources, grammar—pretty much any aspect of writing. You may work on assignments from any course or subject in the Writing Center. Consultants have a range of writing backgrounds and areas of expertise such as business, history, English, psychology and sociology. Please take advantage of this valuable service as you draft and revise papers for this English courses. Go to The Writing Center to learn more and to schedule an appointment. Writing Center locations include:
- Denver Campus: North Classroom 4014; Monday – Thursday 10 am-6pm, Friday 10am-2pm
- Anschutz Medical Campus: Health Sciences Library, Information Commons, Room 1204; Tuesday and Friday 10am-6pm, Sunday 2pm-8pm
- Campus Village at Auraria (residents only): Lobby Conference Room; Sunday, Monday & Wednesday 6pm-9pm, Friday 2pm-5pm
- Online: Writing Center Online Consultations, every evening 6pm-10pm.
- Resources for those teaching English 1020 and 2030 can be found on the CompTrain Wiki.