Department of English
- The Writing Center: The Writing Center at CU Denver is a free service available to all CU Denver students who wish to improve as writers. In the Writing Center, students meet for 50-minute one-on-one appointments with a Professional Writing Consultant to discuss ideas, organization, thesis development, incorporation of sources, grammar—pretty much any aspect of writing. You may work on assignments from any course or subject in the Writing Center. Consultants have a range of writing backgrounds and areas of expertise such as business, history, English, psychology and sociology. Please take advantage of this valuable service as you draft and revise papers for English courses. Go to The Writing Center to learn more and to schedule an appointment. Writing Center locations include:
- Denver Campus: North Classroom 4014: Monday – Thursday 10 am-6pm, Friday 10am-2pm
- Anschutz Medical Campus: Health Sciences Library, Information Commons, Room 1204: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 11am-5pm, Sunday 3pm-8pm
- Campus Village at Auraria (residents only): North 3rd Floor Common Room: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 6pm-9pm; 1st Floor Classroom: Sunday 6pm-9pm
- Online: Writing Center Online Consultations, every hour the Denver Campus is open + every evening 6-10pm
- Resources for those teaching English 1020 and 2030 can be found on the CompTrain Wiki.