- The Financial Engineer, a ranking organization, released its 2015 Financial Economics Rankings recently. The Financial Economics dual degree offered by the Department of Economics and the Business School was ranked Number 8.
- Assistant Professor of Economics Andrew Friedson was awarded the Richard Musgrave Prize on November 13, 2014. This prize is given to the most outstanding paper in the National Tax Journal yearly. This year, it was “Ranking Up by Moving Out: The Effect of the Texas Top 10% Plan on Property Values,” which Profesor Friedson co-authored with Kalena Cortez at Texas A&M.
- CU Denver Assistant Professor of Economics Hani Mansour, along with CU Boulder Associate Professor of Economics Terra McKinnish, published a paper on the economics of age gaps and marriage. The paper was published in the Review of Economics and Statistics.
- CU Denver student Jacob Clark, an Economics major, has graduated as a part of CU Denver's Semester in Beijing program in China. Two years ago, he began the program and has since completed four semesters in Beijing.
- Steven Medema, PhD, Economics Professor and University Honors and Leadership Director, was recognized as a Distinguished Professor by CU President Bruce D. Benson.
Please e-mail Christine Lukvec with news you'd like posted to acknowledge UCD Economics students.