Imagine: Academic quality and a rich cultural environment
Consider: Teaching for an innovative undergraduate program in Beijing, China
The University of Colorado Denver (UCD) is seeking motivated teaching and research faculty for a unique degree program located at the International College at Beijing (ICB).
We are currently accepting applications for an instructor. View the job posting here.
ICB provides a rich, intercultural learning experience in an English-speaking environment. The college was created in 1994 through a partnership between the University of Colorado Denver, an urban institution situated in downtown Denver (Colorado's state capital), and the China Agricultural University, an urban institution situated in Beijing (China’s capital).
In this degree program, Chinese students undertake a rigorous undergraduate course of study that mirrors that offered at UCD. For faculty and students, what distinguishes the International College at Beijing from the University of Colorado Denver is the opportunity to teach in a vibrant and culturally rich environment while having access to UCD's resources.
Imagine: Highly motivated students
Consider: Teaching ambitious students with a strong desire to succeed
ICB students want to pursue a Western-based, liberal arts education that focuses on critical thinking and academic integrity. As faculty, you have the opportunity to teach and interact with the next generation of leaders in China. All students must pass the rigorous Chinese national exam to enter the ICB program and score 525 or higher on the TOEFL exam. Students in the ICB program can earn a bachelor's degree in economics or communication. The degree is from the University of Colorado Denver, a comprehensive research university. Upon graduation, ICB students are well positioned to seek career opportunities with multinational corporations, governments and nonprofit organizations around the world.
- The program is designed with a cohort model who follow a specified curriculum.
- Students have the opportunity to study in Denver at UCD for their sophomore or junior year.
- Semesters are approximately 12 weeks long to allow for both Chinese and US holiday schedules.
Imagine: A network of globally minded faculty
Consider: Living and working among such faculty
The ICB program has an outstanding network of faculty who have experience living and traveling around the globe. We are looking for highly qualified instructors who actively engage in both teaching and research activities and are ready to join our faculty. For those who seek a challenging and engaging environment in a world that is vastly changing, the International College at Beijing offers a unique and innovative academic program in an international atmosphere. All classes are taught in English, and we select our academic staff for their expertise in their chosen discipline. Courses taught by communication faculty range from Fundamentals of Communication to Gender and Communication to Intercultural Communication and Mass Media and Society.
- University of Colorado Denver offers a competitive salary, roundtrip airfare, health insurance and housing for each faculty member.
- Faculty contracts are written for one semester to one academic year and may be renewed.
- The Faculty-in Residence and On-Site Coordinator provide an on-site orientation and support system for new faculty as they adjust to life in China.
- The UCD Office of International Education provides all administrative support.
- Faculty live in on-campus apartments with a private bath.
- Some suites are available for families.
- Apartments have Internet connection.
- There are two very good campus cafeterias and restaurants serving local cuisine a short walk from faculty housing.
- Starbucks, McDonald's and Subway are close to campus, along with restaurants offering local cuisine.
Imagine: Strolling through the Forbidden City experiencing China's history
Consider: Easy access to China’s major historical and cultural sites
Beijing is the cultural and political center of China offering museums; opera, dance, and other live theater; historical sites; gardens; sporting events; and festivals. The International College at Beijing is located on the east campus of China Agricultural University. This beautiful, historic campus is situated in the heart of Haidian District, where most of the best universities in China are located.
The Haidian district has many good restaurants and shops and is only 30 minutes by taxi or subway from downtown, the airport and major cultural sites. The Summer Palace and the Olympic Park, for example, are a few minutes from campus.
- Faculty can take advantage of traditional art and craft fairs and pearl, silk, antique, and flea markets that offer every Chinese and Western product and
electronic device imaginable.
- Central Beijing offers department-store and boutique shopping.
- New art galleries in the Dashanzi Art District are creating a vibrant international artists' community.
All the Details
For more program and curriculum information, please call the Office of International Education at 303-315-2240.