for current office hours.
Biology Minor (Effective Fall 2015)
- All courses in the minor must be taken for a letter grade: pass/fail grades will not count.
- Students must earn a "C-" (1.7) or higher in all courses used to satisfy minor requirements.
- Nine upper division credit hours (3-4000+) must be taken in residence from UCD Biology faculty.
- Other than General Biology and Chemistry, courses for the Biology Minor cannot apply to another major or minor.
II. Required Biology Courses 18-23 Credits
- General Biology I with lab (BIOL 2051-3 and BIOL 2071-1)
- General Biology II with lab (BIOL 2061-3 and BIOL 2081-1)
- Choose 2 of the following (6-7 credits):
1. Principles of Ecology (BIOL 3411-3)
2. Introduction to Evolution (BIOL 3445-3)
3. General Cell Biology (BIOL 3611-3)
4. General Genetics (BIOL 3832-4)
- Choose at least two upper division biology courses, including at least one lab (4-8 credits).
III. Required Ancillary Courses (9 credits)
- General Chemistry I and II with labs (CHEM 2031-3 and 2038-1; CHEM 2061-3 and
IV Additional Notes
- Minors with
transfer credits in biology from other institutions should consult a
biology advisor to determine course equivalency and proper placement;
- Biology minors with Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or CLEP credits should consult a biology advisor for proper placement; students declared pre-health should also consult a Health Careers advisor.