Skip to main content
Sign In

Degree Requirements

Transfer and Earned Credits

Undergrad Transfer and Earned Credits

Transfer Credits from Other Institutions

Biology majors with transfer credits in biology from other institutions should consult a major advisor to determine course equivalency and proper placement. Transfer course equivalencies may already exist for courses from your institution, you can check the links below for your institution and courses:


Once you have been admitted to UCD, you may also check your Degree Audit to see how your transfer courses have applied to your degree (go to UCD Access, click the Student tab, choose Degree Audit). 

For students at Colorado Community Colleges, the science/math courses which will apply to the Biology Major are: BIO111&112, CHE111&112, PHY111&112 (or PHYS211&212), MAT121, 122, 201. You may also want to investigate the Statewide Transfer Articulation Agreement ( ).

Placement Exams

Biology majors with placement exams (Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, College Level Examination Program) should consult a major advisor for proper placement. Credits awarded for placement exams can be found in the University catalog ( ).​

If you need further information please contact Kim Regier.​​