Why Give to the Writing Center?
The Writing Center currently assists more than 7,500 individuals per semester across 6 physical locations and 4 online services. We conduct more than 100 informational visits per semester, design and host 50+ workshops per semester, and collaborate with faculty in more than 20 writing-intensive courses to create in-class workshops. Off campus, we work with local schools and nonprofits.
This might sound like a lot, but we could be doing so much more:
- Most college freshman find that they are not prepared to write at the college level.
- The most common complaint from employers who hire CU Denver graduates is that they are not prepared to write as professionals in the field.
- Public schools, community centers, and local non-profits in the Denver Metro area are in need of writing support both to sustain their endeavors and to empower those they assist
If you're interested in supporting our current and future success, you can become a Friend, a Sponsor, or Patron of the UCD Writing Center:
- For a donation of $100, you can become a Friend of the Writing Center
- For a donation of $250, you can become a Sponsor of the Writing Center
- For a donation of $500, you can become a Patron of the Writing Center
- For a donation of $500,000 or more, you can have one of our locations renamed in your honor. And a pony.
Donors will be recognized on our website (unless anonymity is requested).
All donations are tax deductable.
How to Give to the Writing Center
How can you contribute?
The quickest and easiest way is to give via the University of Colorado Foundation's online giving form. Your contribution will be acknowledged in 2-4 weeks by a letter, which will serve as your receipt.
Cash, check, and credit card are just a few of the ways you can give.