The Recording Arts program keeps pace with the latest in today’s technology. Our hardware and software mirror the same state-of-the art tools found in today’s recording studios and post-production houses.
- 5 recording studios
- Three studios include Surround Sound capabilities
- Four studios are ProTools HD equipped
- Large inventory of microphones and outboard equipment available
- Vintage keys collection which includes DX-7, ARP Odyssey, ARP 2600, MiniMoog, PolyMoog, D-10, YC-30, B3, and Rhodes
- MIDI lab featuring ProTools & Logic. Supplemental access to 3 College of Arts & Media computer labs.
- Consoles include Portico 5088, Yamaha DM2000, DigiDesign Control 24 and Mackie 32x8 Bus
- Workstations include: ProTools, LogicPro and others for mastering, sequencing and synthesis applications
- 16-station piano lab featuring Apple Macintosh iMac computers with a wide selection of musical and songwriting/composition software applications
- Eight performance teaching studios
- 12 practice suites
- Private teaching studios for voice, piano, guitar, bass, drum kit, and percussion
- King Academic and Performing Arts Center. Students may schedule access to:
- 520-seat Concert Hall
- 198-seat Recital Hall
- 350-seat Rawls Courtyard Theatre
- Production Studio (black box) with full-size scene shop
All CU Denver recording studios feature a full suite of McDSP plugins, provided by McDSP.
Please contact a CAM advisor for further information.