The AMMA (Advanced Measures of Music Audiation) Exam assesses the student’s critical listening skills through the identification of rhythmic or tonal differences between musical samples. There are no performance, music theory, or sight-reading expectations for the Exam. The AMMA Exam can be successfully taken by a student who has never formally studied music. No formal preparation is required and there is no fee to register. The exam may only be taken once by an applicant for Fall 2014 entrance.
AMMA Exam Testing:
The AMMA Exam is offered exclusively online. Students MUST pre-register for the exam by completing the AMMA Entrance Exam Sign-up Form. After completing the sign-up form, students will receive an email which includes a link to the online exam and a log-in username and password. The AMMA Exam Registration email will be sent from the address email@example.com and may be routed to a Spam/Junk folder. Please note: The MEIS Department does not take responsibility for students’ exam scores who attempt to take the online AMMA Exam without meeting the computer requirements, or who fail to do so by the deadline.
- PC or Mac desktop or laptop.
- Valid e-mail account (It is recommended students register for the AMMA Exam using either a Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo email address. Students who register using other email providers may not receive testing information.)
- Internet access (Broadband or Cable/DSL, Dial-up not recommended)
- Internet Browser (one of the following):
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher
- Safari 2.0 or higher
- Flash Player 8 or higher
- Speakers or Headphone capability
For more information about the AMMA Exam please review the Fall 2014 MEIS Major Entrance Requirements or contact the MEIS office at (303) 556-3480.