New and Potential Students
College of Arts & Media
Explore the opportunities in arts and entertainment.
- Focus on the cutting edge with a classical background in the visual arts, theatre/film and music.
- Be prepared for exciting careers in today's arts and entertainment industries.
- Be a part of the leading public university in the state with a reputation for high standards and academic excellence.
- Enter an exciting learning environment with professional, working faculty who emphasize a real-world approach to the study of the arts.
Connecting art with technology. Connecting art with real life.
- Use the latest technology hand-in-hand with traditional methods to give you both an inspiring and practical learning experience
- Develop the spirit that drives you as an artist while exploring the well-rounded liberal arts and science experience. Professional academic advisors help students choose general education courses that will further their knowledge and understanding of the greater world for students to draw from in their artistic endeavors.
- Acquire technical and problem-solving skills and develop the resources you need to build a career in arts or entertainment.
Study in a thriving arts community.
- Located in downtown Denver on the Auraria Campus, students are close to Denver's thriving arts community and in the heart of a dynamic urban area.
- Explore opportunities to learn about, experience, and create art.
All majors can expect…
- Small class sizes (the largest lecture course is limited to 75 students; 12 students comprise a typical studio course) taught by faculty–not graduate students.
- A broad foundation of courses in your major, thus providing a base from which students can specialize within their emphasis.
- Hands-on experience from your first day in state-of-the-art facilities.
- A capstone course culminating in a senior project/portfolio which showcases your work as an artist and as a professional.