Taisto H. Mäkelä, Ph.D.
Associate Professor AND Director, Finnish Initiatives
- PhD & MA, Architectural History, Theory, and Criticism, Princeton University.
- BArch, University of Oregon.
- Dipl. Building Technology, British Columbia Institute of Technology
Research includes aesthetic theory and the modern movement, the legacy of classicism, the art museum, the history of the city, and the vernacular.
Taisto's most recent publication is on Pietilä. He is completing a book on Gio Ponti and the Denver Art Museum and an essay on Le Corbusier and visual privilege.
RECENT COURSES TAUGHT
- The Classical Elements
- History of Modern Architecture
- Contemporary Architecture
- ACE Mentoring