The Center for Sustainable Urbanism will provide assistance in reaching a wider audience, in these ways:
- Assistance in the selective release of findings and recommendations arising from research and from related creative work activities.
- Publication Series Overseen by the Center:
- Green Papers featuring summary findings and recommendations. These synopses will generally follow the completion of grant and contract work.
- Discussion Papers meant to provoke discussion. These represent ideas in motion and works in progress, occasionally assembled to provide a snapshot of current thinking and to elicit useful commentary able to assist in perfecting ideas in advance of the pursuit for external funding. These may originate in speculative drafts assembled by faculty and senior researchers, by students on completing major research projects, theses and the like, or on occasion by contributors from elsewhere within or outside the University.
- Guidelines Series featuring preferred practices addressing professional interests, accessible to both practitioners and to the informed community.
- Portfolio—A medium for representation of designs and design interventions that advance sustainable solutions for the urban future.
- CSU Action Councils are assemblages of key end-user groups plus University researchers who together convene to consider the practical significance of research findings, and where appropriate to encourage implementation of major recommendations arising from our work. Means available could include public policy/planning assistance, case implementation studies, project monitoring, and the recognition of favorable interventions and outcomes.