CCCD's Rural Technical Assistance Program provides design and planning services in partnership with the Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) and State Universities.
- We hire graduate students in architecture, landscape architecture, and planning.
- We also hire undergraduate students in their 3rd or 4th year in the architecture program at CU Boulder.
- Positions are for students interested in the planning and design needs of rural Colorado.
- Internship credit possible. (Check with your Department)
- Student volunteers (not student employees) can get AmeriCorps credit.
- Work in Denver or Grand Junction offices
- Salary: $ hourly/varies by experience, bi-weekly payment
- 16 to 20 hrs. weekly, minimum commitment (NOTE: Minimum hours do not include week of midterms, and the last three weeks of each semester, per work load.)
- Must be willing to travel to project sites & public meetings. (approx. 4 times a sem. per proj.)
- May require all day travel. Adjusted for class schedules. If working with West Slope projects, may require overnight stays. Work will be as dictated by project needs. Final projects are conceptual designs only, with cost estimating.
- CCCD internships do not end with semesters. We look favorably on longer internship commiments
We can hire all year long depending on the work load and project needs. Generally hire new interns in January, May and August.
Send your resume to:
Judith Bergquist, Associate Director
Rural Program CCCD - Denver
Campus Box 128, PO Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364
Rich Sales, Associate Director
Rural Program CCCD - Grand Junction
222 South 6th Street #409
The rural program’s two offices (Denver and Grand Junction) provide technical service to rural Colorado communities on a regional basis within the state. Students will work out of the Denver Office for the Northern & Central Mountains and Front Range communities. Students who work with the West Slope Office may work out of the Grand Junction Office or possibly work out of the Denver Office on an as needed basis.