For information on the types of financial aid available, office policies and resources, please visit the Financial Aid website.
Helpful Financial Aid Hints:
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you proceed with the financial aid process:
- Apply Early - the earlier you complete and submit your financial aid forms, the sooner you will receive your award.
- Read Instructions Carefully - completing the FAFSA incorrectly will delay your financial aid process.
- Follow Up - make it a point to check in with UCD's Office of Financial Aid periodically to check the status of your application.
- Respond Quickly - if you are contacted by the Federal Processor or by UCD requesting additional information, a delay in your response may jeopardize your eligibility and award amount.
- Keep Good Records - create a file exclusively for all of your financial aid forms and correspondence, and photocopy all of your completed application materials before you submit them.
- Write your name and student number on all documents.
- Note that all application materials are kept confidential. We recommend that you make and keep copies of all financial aid documents.