The graduate professional programs of the College of Architecture and Planning (CAP) are located on the Denver campus. This campus is rapidly emerging as a national model in urban education. Besides the convenient access to, and close ties with, many of the top design and planning firms and agencies in the nation, these prestigious programs are unique in Colorado and the west.
As a CAP student, you will enroll in one of four distinct degree programs and learn from accomplished professors who have real world expertise in addition to their strong academic backgrounds. The result is a relevant, hands-on curriculum, which blends both theoretical and practical knowledge.
In the Application Process section, you will find information on the entire application process, along with admission requirements, important dates to remember, and the tools you’ll need to complete your application.
*Please note - If you are an international student, your information and requirements may vary, so please select the international link to receive specific information.
While a campus visit and admissions interviews are not required for admission, it is strongly recommended that you plan a visit before making your decision. Your college education will likely be the second biggest investment you will ever make. Such a monumental decision should be made with the insight that can only be gained by seeing the campus and its surroundings firsthand.
To assist us in being prepared for your visit, please call the University of Colorado Denver Campus Office of Admissions at (303) 556-2704 or send us an e-mail request to arrange your personal tour.
- Tours are held at 10:30 a.m. and at 2:30 p.m.
- There will also be an optional half-hour information session with an Admissions Counselor prior to the tours, 10:00 a.m. and at 2:00 p.m.
- It is highly recommended that you also sign up for the information session if you are not an admitted student at UCD.
- If you e-mail your request please provide the following information:
To schedule a tour of the College of Architecture and Planning and to meet with a CAP admissions advisor, please contact Rachael Thompson at 303-315-2325 or Rachael.Thompson@ucdenver.edu
- your name
- phone number
- address and e-mail
- the date and time of your tour and/or information session
- major of interest
- number of people accompanying you
- educational level – graduate student and last school of attendance.