Admitted Student Checklist
Congratulations on your offer of admission to the University of Colorado Denver! Now that your admissions goals have been met, your graduate school journey has begun.
After your department faculty accepted you into the program, admissions staff sent your information to main university admissions. Main admissions will process your file and send you information about how to register. Once main admissions processes your file, they will let Financial Aid know they can begin processing your financial aid award (if you filed the FAFSA). At the bottom of this page, we have included contact information for other units on campus you might find helpful.
International students will follow a slightly different path. You will be contacted by International Admissions. You can find helpful information about visas and planning for your arrival here.
We know you are excited to begin your journey and it can be frustrating to wait for the semester to start but there are some things you can do in the meantime to prepare for your first semester with us.
Checklist Before Classes Begin:
__ Provide proof of immunization
__ Familiarize yourself with resources available at the College
__ Register For Classes
- Registration is done online via the UCDAccess Portal. There are several "how-tos" in the portal to help you with most tasks.
- UCDAccess is used by enrolled students for the following types of activities:
- Registration (registration, drop/add)
- Financial aid (view and accept awards, notify us of external scholarships)
- Billing (pay your bill, set up a payment plan).
- The University of Colorado will assign you an ID Number if you have not attended one of the four universities within the CU system prior to admittance to the program. You should receive it in the mail along with your admission materials. You will need it to register for courses and to setup your e-mail accounts.
- If you have attended one of the CU universities, then your ID Number will remain the same. If you wish to change your student number you may do so by contacting the ID Services Office in the Tivoli Student Union (Room 269) on the Auraria campus at (303) 556-8385.
- Registration for Denver classes is done online, with the exception of Independent Studies and Doctoral Thesis credits. Use a Special Processing Form to register for Independent Study Courses and Doctoral Thesis Research hours. These forms are available here.
- Here is the helpful Registrar's website that may answer questions you have.
__ Finalize Tuition Payment
- Make payment arrangements with the Bursar's Office, or if you’re receiving financial aid, make sure your paperwork is complete.
__ Get Your Student ID Card
- The ID Center is located in the Tivoli Student Union, Room 269 on the Auraria campus in Denver. You must be registered for your courses AND have a print-out of your schedule with you in order to get your ID card. For more information, please call (303) 556-8385.
- A portion of your student fees goes towards your Denver Student ID card and bus pass. Your Denver Student ID will enable you to access the Auraria Library and campus recreation center in Denver.
__ Become Familiar With the Campus, Parking and Transportation
- We encourage you to visit the campus and become familiar with it before classes begin. You may arrange a campus tour by calling the Office of Admissions at (303) 556-2704.
__ Become Familiar With Other Services On Campus
- The Disability Services Office is available to provide accommodations for students with special needs. For more information, please call (303) 556-3450.
- Another campus resource is the Veterans Affairs Office. For more information please call (303) 556-2630.
- If you are in need of housing assistance, you can find a database of housing referrals at the Information Desk inside the Tivoli Student Union (second floor) on the Auraria campus, as well as several other resources that you can employ to help with your housing search, including the Student Housing website.
- Student health insurance and dental coverage plans are available to students who meet the enrollment requirements. Tivoli Student Union, Room 303, Denver, telephone (303) 556-6273.
__ Set Up Your UCD E-mail Account
- You will receive information from main admissions about how to register and set up your email account. There are instructions here to assist you. Remember, email is the official means of communication between the university and students and policy dictates that we communicate with you through your official UC Denver email account. Please check it often.
Other Campus Offices:
UCD Box 125, NC-1030
UCD Box 131, NC 1003
UCD Box 167, CU-AX100