APPLICATION DEADLINES For Fall Semester:
MArch Program: January 15
MURP Program: January 15
MLA Program: February 1
PhD Program: February 1
MUD and MSHP Programs: March 15
Decision notification dates vary by program.
For Spring Semester: We do not offer spring admissions for any programs.
Admission is increasingly selective. Grades, scores (if required), samples of past accomplishments, letters of reference and personal statements are of primary importance.
Now that you’ve reviewed the application checklist and gathered all of the documents you’ll need, you can fill out your application, right here. Right now. And begin moving towards your academic and professional goals.
Before you fill out the Application
In order to speed up the application process, we recommend gathering the following information before you begin:
- The names, cities, and attendance dates of any collegiate institutions you have attended or are currently attending.
- All courses not currently posted on collegiate transcripts that will be completed before the term for which you are applying, including term/year, course title, and department (also course number and credit hours for collegiate course work).
- Activities, positions of leadership, and academic honors received in college.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
- To begin a new application you must first register on the application system. Click “Register Here” to begin the application system registration process.
- You will receive two separate e-mails containing a username and password which will enable you to access your on-line application. If you do not find the e-mail in your in-box, please check your spam folder.
- Once you receive your username, return to the application website and begin to fill out your application.
- Fill Out Your Application
- The first step in the application process is to identify the program to which you wish to apply. There will be a series of drop-down menus to navigate through. They are as follows:
- Career: Graduate
- Campus: Downtown Campus
- Field of Study: Choose your program CAREFULLY in order to avoid delays in processing your application.
2. Fill Out Your Application
- There are nine sections to complete for the application. Complete each section of the application and save your entries for processing. However, you can complete your application in any order and save your work to come back to it later.
- The sections are as follows:
- Application Information: Your contact information and brief demographic questions including citizenship status and in-state residency classification.
- Academic History: Enter your academic history including undergraduate work and any graduate work you may have completed.
- Standardized Test: Enter your scores from the GRE or TOEFL if available.
- Employment History: List your non-academic, industrial or professional experience from start of undergraduate work to present.
- Honors and Awards: List any scholarships, prizes, honors or awards you have received.
- Affiliations: List any additional honor societies and learned professional societies of which you are a member, as well as positions held.
- Essay Questions: You will upload your statement of purpose and resume in a later step. If the application system requires entries in these fields, please write “Statement Attached” in both fields.
- Recommenders: Enter contact information for your three recommenders including valid email addresses. International students: the university asks for 4 letters of recommendation but only provides space for 3 recommenders. We will review your application with 3 letters.
- Upload documents: In this section you can upload your supplemental documents such as residency information, international supplements, statement of purpose, writing sample (where applicable), and resume. DO NOT upload your portfolio. UPLOADED PORTFOLIOS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
- Your application will be saved for 60 days. After 60 days, your application will be deleted. There will be a message when you log in telling you when your application expires. This is NOT the same as the application due date.
- In order to return to this application, you must use the Login ID and Password you created when you began this session.
3. Application Summary
- Once you have completed each of the nine areas of the application, click the 'Submit Application' button. Before final submission, you can preview and print your application - you will not be able to revise your application after you submit it. You should also keep a copy of your application for your records. Use the BACK browser button to return to the summary/logout page (if needed).
4. Submit Supporting Materials
See the individual program pages for requested supporting materials such as writing samples and portfolios. All applicants should submit one official copy of their transcripts from each institution attended EXCEPT for study abroad experiences. Please note that your application will not be considered until all of your application materials are received. Send your supporting materials to:
University of Colorado Denver
College of Architecture and Planning
Campus Box 126
PO Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364