The College of Architecture and Planning welcomes applications to our Master of Architecture program from students with a variety of professional and educational backgrounds. The goal for faculty is to admit students who are likely to succeed in completing the requirements for the degree and whose interests fit with its educational capacities.
All of the required application materials help us to evaluate your potential for graduate study and to pair your interests with our strengths. No one component (such as a GRE score, if required) ensures admission nor precludes it; we make a judgment based on the entire application.
Students are admitted to begin classes in fall semester only.
• Online application
• Application Fee ($50 for U.S. students, $75 for International students)
• Statement of purpose
• Three letters of recommendation
• Transcripts from all undergraduate institutions (except study abroad experiences)
• Proof of English language proficiency (International Students, only)
• GRE (Recommended if undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 but not required)
• Portfolio that showcases your best work. Portfolios should be submitted through Slideroom. Students with a degree in architecture are expected to include studio work. Students with no background in architecture should demonstrate their creative abilities through whatever media they are comfortable.
For more information, see our Master's Programs Admissions website or the University of Colorado Denver Admissions website.