The objective of the course is to introduce students to important historical, political, and economic perspectives on doing business in China today as well as formulating US-China relations. This intensive field study in Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenyang will provide students with an introduction to Chinese history and an overview of modern China’s business, political and economic environment. Learn through a combination of lectures by UCD faculty, guest lectures, field trips, and seminars with experts on each day’s topics.
Business and Government Site Visits (tentative)
Students will have the unique opportunity to see U.S.-China joint venture operations as well as other foreign-invested companies.
- Asiasat (GE & CITIC JV)
- U.S. Foreign Commercial Center of Shanghai
- U.S. Embassy in Beijing
- Emerson Electronics
- Gates Unitta Power Transmission Limited
- GE Global Health China
- Asian Information Associates, Limited (Baker & McKenzie) & Hill & Knowlton Public Relations Co., Ltd
- CNN Beijing
- Shanghai GM
- United Family Hospital
- Shanghai Desano Pharmaceutical Holding
- Shanghai American Consulate