Skip to main content
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver

Study Abroad/Global Education

Graduate Global Research

Globalize your future

Many graduate students conduct international research either through university administered programs including the field schools in Tanzania and the West Indies. Students may pursue research independently, but are required to register with the Office of Global Education.

COMIRB or IRB approval may be required for many projects, students are advised to begin the process well in advance of their departure. IRB must be approved in both Colorado and generally, at the local level in the host country. This may take several months, additionally, students must demonstrate a solid understanding of the local customs, IRB and legal requirements for research, etc. Students must also have a mentor at UC Denver and the research site.

Prior to departure, you are expected to register with the US Embassy (US citizens) and International SOS. You must also provide proof of International Medical Insurance, the Office of Global Education can provide you with information on insurance.Germany’s DAAD provides unique research opportunities for graduate students.

DAAD Website.

University of Colorado Denver

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.