The International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) unit looks forward to serving you. We understand that you are anxious to receive your Form I-20 so that you can attend the University of Colorado Denver for the upcoming semester. The process for receiving your Form I-20 is outlined below. Each step is sequential, meaning that step #1 must be completed before step #2 begins. Please be patient as we work hard to ensure that your Form I-20 is issued as efficiently as possible.
- Have you been fully admitted to CU Denver? Once you are admitted to the University, you will receive a final acceptance letter. Undergraduate students will receive a final acceptance letter from International Admissions and graduate students will be issued the acceptance letter by the academic department. If you have not received your final acceptance letter and you are an undergraduate student, please contact International Admissions at email@example.com, and if you are a graduate student, please contact your academic department.
- Have you received an email from ISSS with a link to the Immigration Clearance Form? Within two weeks after your acceptance letter is issued, our office is notified that you have been fully admitted to the University. We will then send you an email with instructions on how to request an I-20. The email will be sent to the email address that you included in your application to the University. If you received your acceptance letter from International Admissions or your academic department two or more weeks ago and have not received an email from ISSS with a link to the Immigration Clearance Form, please contact your designated International Services Coordinator (listed below). If it has not yet been two weeks since you received your acceptance letter, it is too soon to contact ISSS.
- Have you completed the Immigration Clearance Form? If you have received the email from ISSS, make sure to follow the instructions carefully. This involves filling out the Immigration Clearance Form and uploading a copy of your passport identity page and financial documentation that meets the specified requirements. If you are transferring your SEVIS record from another U.S. institution, you will also upload a copy of your current I-20 and send a copy of the Transfer Eligibility Form to your current international student advisor. ISSS cannot issue your I-20 until we receive your completed Immigration Clearance Form, including financial documentation and your completed Transfer Eligibility Form (if applicable).
- What if you still have not received your I-20? Once we receive all the necessary documentation, we create a Form I-20 for you within 3 business days. If it has not yet been three business days since you submitted all the documents described in step #3, please wait before you contact our office. If you are a transfer student, we cannot issue you an I-20 until your current international student advisor has sent us a copy of the completed Transfer Eligibility Form and transferred your SEVIS record to our institution.
- How will I receive my I-20? We will send your I-20 via FedEx to the address that you include on the Immigration Clearance Form. If you would rather pick up your I-20 at our office, you can reply to the email sent from our office to let us know. Your I-20 cannot be released to anyone but you, unless you have given ISSS specific information with the name of the person you are designating to pick up your I-20. Once your I-20 is sent via FedEx, you should receive an automatic email notification with a tracking number that allows you to track your FedEx envelope.
- Whom should I contact if I have questions? If you have completed all the steps mentioned above, have waited at least three business days, and have not yet received an email from FedEx that your I-20 was shipped, you can email your designated International Services Coordinator to inquire about the status of your I-20.
- What do I do after receiving my I-20? We realize you may also have questions about other preparations for your first semester at the University of Colorado Denver. Please visit the Pre-Arrival Information section of our web site for detailed information regarding next steps to take as you prepare to come to the US and upon your arrival in Denver. Make sure to sign up and attend the mandatory international student orientation at http://international.ucdenver.edu/checkin. If you still have questions or concerns after reviewing this information, you are welcome to contact us.
Who is my designated International Services Coordinator in ISSS?