Are there test taking tips?
I can't submit my online exam, what is wrong?
- While taking an exam through the Blackboard system, you have the option to save your exam throughout the duration of the exam, and may call CU Online between 7am-7pm at 303-315-3700 if you are still experiencing problems.
I need my exam to be reset. Who do I contact?
- Contact your instructor. Find their email or phone number listed on the Syllabus and contact them to get your exam reset.
However, your instructor has the discretion to choose not to reset your exam.
- How do I view my grades in Blackboard? »
Do I have to download the “Respondus Lockdown Browser”?
How to take an exam in the Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Once downloaded, simply open the Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Login to Blackboard
- Login to the course for the exam
- Start the exam
- Select "No" when prompted for a password. (Unless your instructor specifically told you there was a password for the exam.)
- Take the exam
Common Problems with the Respondus Lockdown Browser
Lockdown Browser will always ask you if a password is required for the test. Unless the instructor specifically told you there was a password, click on "No." Lockdown Browser will still fill in the Blackboard password field with a secret code to open the test, but you can just click to enter the test.
Still using other browser
Lockdown Browser is a totally separate program from your normal web browser. You do actually have to close all browsers and all other applications in order to take the exam in the Respondus Lockdown browser. browser.