What is a Blackboard Organization?
- A Blackboard organization is a site that allows you, as a member of campus organization, to communicate and collaborate virtually using features found in online Blackboard courses.
What features are available?
- Blackboard Organization allows you to...
- Post information: meeting minutes, brochures, calendar, committee / member profile.
- Facilitate communications: email, online discussion forums, chatrooms.
- Administer surveys: get feedback on proposed policy changes.
- Go paperless: post organizationally relevant documents online.
- Repository of online resources: link to other online on-campus and off-campus resources.
Who is eligible?
- All UC Denver registered student organizations may request Blackboard organizations.
However, each organization must identify a sponsor who will be responsible for overseeing content and appropriate online behavior of members within the community. Go to the UC Denver Student Government Association (UCDSGA) to begin the registration process....
- Registered Student Organizations may then request a Blackboard organization.
- Complete the Student Blackboard Organizaton Request Form.
- UCDSGA will verify student club/organization.
- CU Online will periodically check with UCDSGA to make sure organizations have retained their official status.
- If an organization loses its "registered" status, CU Online will disable the Blackboard Organization.
- If an organization does not regain "registered" status within one year, CU Online will delete the Blackboard Organization.
Is there a Blackboard Organization signup form?
- Requests from student organizations must be made by a registered student organization representative and must be accompanied by the name of a faculty / staff sponsor. Here is the Blackboard Organizaton Request Form.
Is there Blackboard Organization Support?
- CU Online hosts training events available to the Organization contact. These training events will teach all the basic skills and ideas for using Blackboard to build your online Organization. Also, feel free to contact CU Online Helpdesk to schedule a one-on-one consultation.