What types of video are available to Blackboard?
- Blackboard enables instructors to embed video from Adobe Acrobat Connect, YouTube, Windows Media, Real Media, QuickTime, Adobe Flash, and other video files into their Blackboard course shells. If you are uncertain how to view the video posted in your Blackboard course, please contact CU Online or your professor for assistance.
What if I have video issues?
- First login to Blackboard. (You might want to review the course page).
- Try to update your Media Player
- Try copying the URL to the video (if the mms:// address doesn’t work, then try to change mms:// to http://)
- Try repeating steps 2 in more than one Web Browser (e.g., try Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome)
- Try changing your network settings. Open media player and right click your mouse on the menu bar (e.g., somewhere between the navigation arrows and the “now playing”). Once you get the menu, select tools and then options.
- Click on the network tab and then make sure that the Use ports box is checked; click OK and try video again.
What if I have Adobe Acrobat Connect Video issues?