How do I get to my group discussion?
- Click on the respective week’s tab. Under that week’s links, click the link with your Group Name or Number.
Once there, you can read posts or respond to a post. Please see Threaded Discussions for details.
How does group chatting work – how do I participate?
- Your group may have its own chat room. If it does not and you would like one, please contact your instructor.
- On the Tools menu, click "Live". By default, the main Chat page displays.
- Click the chat room you'd like to participate in. A confirmation window opens.
- Click to open the chat room. You can also use your keyboard to open a chat room by pressing Alt + Enter. Once you've selected the chat room you'd like to participate in, click Alt + Enter on your keyboard and the chat room opens.
Does my group have a group email?
- Yes. Simply following these steps...
- On the Tools, click "Email".
- In the Select recipients box, select your group name.
- Select the Do not disclose recipients (bcc) check box if you do not want the email recipients on the list to see the other recipients of the email. For example, you might send an email to a Bob and Joe, but don't want Bob and Joe to see who else received the email.
- In the Subject field, type a Subject for your message, and then type your message in the Visual Editor.
- (Optional) Click Add/Remove to attach a file to your message. You can only attach one document to an email. Select the file in the dialog that opens and click Open. The file path displays in the email Attachments field.
- Click "Send Message". A confirmation message displays.
- Click "OK". A copy of the email is sent to your campus email account.
What if I have issues with groups?
- If you are having difficulties with groups in eCollege, please contact the eCollege helpdesk. You may contact eCollege by email, phone or through Chat. Their 24 hour help desk phone number is 877-740-2214 and their email address is email@example.com. Their Chat Help Desk is open 7am – 7pm MST. You may enter a Chat session by logging into your course, clicking on Help, clicking on Help Desk, then Chat with a Help Desk Consultant.