Inside your Blackboard course, you will see the Course Menu below and course content as well as the Blackboard Tools page...
What’s the “Course Menu”?
- The Course Menu, located at the left of your main course view, will hold crucial items that your professor has decided to use this semester or it will hold a default course menu.
The default course menu is defined below...
- Announcements: timely information critical to course scheduling. Click Announcements from the Course Menu to view Announcements.
- Instructor/Contact: provides background and contact information on Instructors and/or Teaching Assistants.
- Content Areas (ex: Documents, Lectures, Assignments, Tests/Quizzes, etc.): can contain a wide-range of items including: Assessments, Assignments, Learning Units, and multimedia files.
- Communication: allows users to:
• send and receive messages/emails
• open Discussion Boards
• enter the Virtual Classroom
• view Group pages
- Student Tools (ex: Discussion Forums): include Address Book, Calendar, Digital Drop Box, Glossary, Homepage, My Grades, Personal Information, Tasks, The Electric Blackboard®, User Manual, Course Objectives, Science Toolkit, Scholar Course Home, My Scholar Home, Blog Tool, Podcast, Wiki Tool, My Certificates, and Search.
- External Links: connect users to materials outside of the Blackboard.
- Help Desk: Contact information for CU Online Helpdesk
- UC Denver Libraries: link to the UC Denver Libraries' websites.
- Course Map: Navigate through a collapsible tree directory.
Where is my course content?
- Course Content is made available by your instructor and can be found either under the Course Menu or Blackboard Tools. If you are uncertain where the course materials are located, please contact your instructor, fellow classmate, or our CU Online Helpdesk.
How do I print a syllabus or document?
- There are a couple ways to print documents from Blackboard...
If the document is a file upload, right mouse click on the file name and choose save as or save target as, save the file to your computer, open it with MS Word, Word Perfect, Apple Works or word processing software you have, set the margins if need be using print preview or page set up and print.
- Find the document in the class, usually under Syllabus / Schedule, Documents, or Assignments on the Course Menu.
- Then 'Print' in the Toolbar.
- Or open the page in Blackboard, select all, copy it and paste it into MS Word or Notepad or other word processing software. Set the margins to whatever you prefer and print.
- Or open the page in Blackboard, go to File, Page Setup, choose to print the ‘frame only’ where the document is displayed. Print the document.
If you still cannot print the file, please read the syllabus online or email your instructor requesting the file be sent to you via email.
How do I save documents?
- You have a couple options for saving documents...
- Click Documents on the Course Menu, then "Save" on the Toolbar.
- Open the page in Blackboard, select all, copy it and paste it into MS Word or Notepad or other word processing software. Set the margins to whatever you prefer and save.
- If the document is a file upload, right –side mouse click on the file name and choose save as or save target as, save the file to your computer.
How do I rotate a document to read?
- To rotate a document, simply click 'Documents', right click on the document, and then click on 'Rotate Clockwise' until it is vertical. You can also click on 'Rotate' on the Toolbar.