The online Master of Science in Information Systems (IS) program has established CU Denver as a leader and innovator in the field. As part of that innovation, the MSIS online degree program is designed to keep you one step ahead of your peers.
Career Opportunities in Business
Forbes has ranked a Master’s degree in Information Systems (IS) as the best option for job opportunities. In their
of the top ten Master’s degrees for jobs the publication listed IS at the top...
- Median pay over $100,000
- And ten-year growth in jobs of 30%
CU Denver's Online MSIS Program
The MSIS distance program offers you the freedom to strategically choose from a wide selection of courses. Concisely put, the program consists of the standard Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) courses, along with 30 credit hours. These course hours are designed to include the new MSIS core, an area of specialization, and a ‘free’ elective.
You may transfer up to nine credit hours from an AACSB International-accredited graduate school and applied to the information systems core upon approval. See your advisor for details.
Business School Common Body of Knowledge (choose 4 out of 5)
- BUSN 6530: Data Analysis for Managers
- BUSN6550: Analyzing and Interpreting Accounting Information
- BUSN6560: Marketing Management
- BUSN6630: Management of Operations
- BUSN6640: Financial Management
Choose a Business Specialization
Besides 12 credit hours from the MSIS core, you must select an additional 24 credit hours from the following specialization. The specialization courses help complement your interests, prior education and work experiences.
- The Enterprise Technology Management (ETM)
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Web & Mobile Computing (WMC)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Option
Take two free electives
Get three additional credit hours by completing either:
- Choose one ISMG 6000 level course or an Internship
- Free Elective – Choose one graduate course in the Business School (3 units)