This certificate program for executive leadership in health information technology is designed for health care and public health professionals with managerial experience who lead the deployment and use of health IT to achieve transformational improvements in quality, safety and outcomes.
Specifically, this 15 credit program is for:
- Chief medical information officer (CMIO)
- Chief nursing informatics officer (CNIO)
- Chief information or chief informatics officer
Typically, the entering trainees may be physicians or other clinical professionals (e.g. advanced-practice nurses, physician assistants) or hold a master’s or doctoral degree(s) in public health or a related health field.
The executive leadership certificate has the following requirements:
- Minimum bachelors degree or equivalent in a clinical field
- 2 years of previous management experience
- Completed application
- Letter of reference from employee's chief executive
The curriculum consists of five three-credit courses, for a total of 15 credit hours. And ttere are numerous course options based on your clinical background.