MediU is a new video sharing system developed at CUOnline. This system allows users to easily upload and share videos. Mediu automatically encodes and streams videos. Email notification provides a link to the video and an embed code allowing easy embedding of video into course shells and webpages. MediU provides a powerful, easy-to-use service for UCD faculty and staff to further integrate media into their courses and university applications.
Please watch this brief overview to see how easy it is to use MediU:
If you would like to learn more please contact the CUOnline Help Desk. Ready to get started? Just request a new account and we'll do the rest!
How to rip a DVD on a PC
How to rip a DVD on a Mac
File size limit
Currently MediU can only accept files up to 200mb. We hope to add support for larger file sizes in the near future.
MediU accepts the following video formats. We plan to add more formats in the future.
- avi - Audio Video Interleave: A popular format associated Microsoft Windows. Many times avi files contain uncompressed video and are very large in size.
- flv - Flash Video: This format is associated with Adobe Flash and can be created using the Adobe Media Encoder. Note: flv files created with the vp6 codec or are currently not supported. If you are using Adobe Media Encoder (cs5) please export to the f4v format for use with MediU
- f4v - This format is associated with Adobe Flash and can be created using the Adobe Media Encoder.
- mp4 - mpeg-4: un updated version of the mpeg format. mpg - Moving Pictures Experts Group (mpeg): A common digital video format
- mov - A popular format with Apple applications.
- m4v - Very similar to MP4, associated with Apple iTunes. wmv - Windows Media: this format is popular with windows applications such as Movie Maker.
MediU currently supports the following programs*:
After Effects (PC) -
Final Cut Pro 7 (MAC) -
Final Cut Pro X (MAC) -
Handbrake (MAC) -
iMovie (MAC) -
Premiere Elements (PC) -
Premiere Pro (PC) -
VLC (PC) (MAC) -
Windows Movie Maker (PC) -
MediU currently does not support the following programs*: