In August 2014, the University of Colorado will launch a south Denver expansion that represents an innovative collaboration with The Wildlife Experience. At this superb educational facility in the heart of the region, two of CU's campuses—the Anschutz Medical Campus and the Denver Campus—will offer programs that are in high demand among south Denver residents, including courses in business, education, computer science, nursing and public health.
Better local education. Better community.
Since 1876, the University of Colorado has educated state citizens and developed state leaders. With CU South Denver, we continue our commitment to quality undergraduate, graduate and professional programs aligned with Colorado's evolving demographics and workforce needs.
- We want to make a high-value CU education accessible to all Colorado residents, especially in dynamic, high-growth areas like south Denver.
- We're committed to meeting the demands for industry-relevant programs to further enhance a sophisticated workforce.
- South Denver residents and business people have told us they're seeking opportunities to advance their professional and personal lives at a convenient location.
- Our priority is to create strong, mutually beneficial partnerships that engage the local community, improve quality of life and fuel the state's economy.
CU at The Wildlife Experience
Founded in 2002, The Wildlife Experience is a wildlife art and natural history museum designed to serve as a cultural center and community asset for south Denver. The first floor of The Wildlife Experience building and its exhibits will remain open to the public. On the second and ground floors, CU will renovate 11,000 square feet of the building to include:
- Two 48-seat general classrooms
- A 32-station computer lab
- Simulation and basic skills lab for the nursing program
- Student study and collaboration space
- Faculty and administration support offices
CU will also have access to the building's expansive public spaces, including the theater, galleries and ballroom. The Wildlife Experience is located off I-25 at Lincoln Avenue.