By: University Communications
DENVER - Malaika White, College of Nursing human resources manager, will become president of the Exempt Professional Assembly Board for the 2013-14 academic year.
Board elections were held last month and seven new officers were elected for the upcoming year. White was already on the board, having served as president elect during 2012-13.
The new vice president/president elect is Tamika Coleman, School of Medicine-Surgery, academic affairs and human resources coordinator.
Also elected last month:
- Communication Coordinator - Rachael Thompson
- Anschutz Medical Campus, At-Large - David Clute
- AMC, At-Large - Grant Chambers
- AMC, At-Large - Erica Eyer
- Downtown Denver Campus, At-Large - Brooke Fitzpatrick
- DDC, At-Large - Joyce Cheatham
Danny Felipe-Morales, board president in 2012-13, remains on the board as past president. Remaining on the board with the same roles are:
- Secretary - Nicole Ganley
- Treasurer - Carissa Smith
- DDC, At-Large - Larry Armenta
The EPA Board will transition officers into their new roles during a retreat in mid-July.
The board gives a hearty thank-you to outgoing board members for their years of dedicated service:
- Leann Fields - outgoing past president
- Joey Falima - outgoing AMC at-large
- Omar Montgomery - outgoing DDC at-large
At its June meeting the board announced the election results and welcomed guest speaker Brenda Allen, Ph.D., associate vice chancellor of diversity and inclusion. She spoke about the benefits of collaboration as well as how to overcome barriers to working together.
The EPA has successfully unified more than 1,100 exempt professional staff from the Downtown Campus and the Anschutz Medical Campus into a single organization that serves as the voice of exempt professionals at the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus. One of the EPA's main goals for the new year is to increase member participation.
Click here if you have any questions or comments to present to the EPA Board.