DENVER - CU Online recently launched its ‘live chat’ tool offering prospective students, current students and faculty a convenient new way to communicate with the CU Online helpdesk. Access also is available through the eCollege site.
'Live chat' allows web visitors to interact instantly with the CU Online helpdesk directly from the website without having to pick up a phone (CU Denver has numerous out-of-state and international students), or wait for an email response.
Through the real-time Customer Relationship Management (CRM) integration, a log of every chat is saved for reporting and history. This can aid in communicating/relating to students and faculty in a personal manner (bringing up and referring to past questions/comments, etc.).
Moving forward, CU Online plans to add website and faculty support to enable the Helpdesk to route related questions directly to the source experts.
The CU Online helpdesk is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. If helpdesk personnel are busy or it’s after hours, users can leave a message.
• All chat sessions are protected by SSL, which makes it more secure than email
• Remote control of a user’s system for trouble shooting issues
• Visitor does not need to download anything or install any plug ins.
• Allows for files to be sent to the visitor (PDF files, documents, video, etc.)
• Real-time translation option available