The minimum allowable size for our logo signatures is determined by the height of the CU logomark. In print, the minimum acceptable size is 0.25" tall. In electronic and online formats, the minimum size is 34 pixels tall.
Certain circumstances (small giveaways and merchandise, etc.) may require that the logo signature be incorporated in a size smaller than that of the minimum guideline. Usage below the minimum size must be approved by the Brand Manager
To maintain its integrity and visibility, all logo signatures should be kept clear of competing text, images and other elements. CU logo signatures must be surrounded on all sides by an adequate clear space, equal in size to the cap height of the wordmark (the height of the letter "U" in University of Colorado).
Whenever possible, the logo signature should be surrounded by additional clear space.
Whenever possible the CU logomark should be used with the official wordmark of the entity it represents. However, there are a select set of circumstances where the logotype is not practical or legible. Under these circumstances, the CU logomark may be used as a stand-alone element.
Common acceptable uses:
- Lapel pins
- Limited embroidery (fronts or sleeves of polo shirts and jackets, fronts of vests, etc.)
- Select promotional items (golf balls, tees, pens, etc.)
- Event banners or flags in which the full logo is hard to read from a distance
- Press backdrops
- Way finding signs and door plates
- Large building signs
- Official systemwide programs, i.e. CU Health Brand
The stand-alone CU logomark may not be used for:
- Campus specific programs or events
- As a design element in any print or online application
- Distorted, ghosted or used as a pattern or watermark in business and marketing collateral
- As a stand-alone element for social media icons
All proposed uses of the stand-alone CU logomark should be approved by the Brand Manager and/or the CU Brand Identity Standards Board.