Media Web Part
Use the Media Web Part to embed audio (MP3, MP4 or WMV) files in your pages.
- Navigate to the page where you would like a Media Web Part to appear.
- Select Edit Page under the Site Actions menu.
- To insert a web part, choose Add a Web Part from one of the web part zones on the page, or place your cursor in a content area.
- Select the Insert tab in the ribbon, select the Web Part button.
- The web part gallery will open underneath the ribbon. The web part gallery shows the categories, web parts, and a description of the selected web part.
- Choose the Media and Content category and the Media Web Part. Click Add
- Once the Media Web Part is placed on your page, hover your mouse over the title of the web part Media Web Part. Select the drop arrow to the right side of this title. Choose Edit Web Part
- In the Edit Web Part window located in the upper right of your screen, use the Appearance section to adjust the title and dimensions of the web part. Select OK to apply changes.
- To set up the web part to use your audio file, click Click Here to Configure on the Media Web Part.
- The ribbon will change to reflect that you are now configuring the media web part.
- To browse to your audio file, select the Change Media button and choose From SharePoint
- You will now see a Select an Asset window. Browse to your audio file
- Select your audio file and click OK.
- You can place an image in the player by clicking the Change Image button on the ribbon.
- Browse to an image file, select it and click OK.
- You can also use the media ribbon to change the title, size, style, and looping behaviors of the media player.
NOTE: We do not recommend Start Media Automatically or Loop Until Stopped
- When you are done making adjustments, Check In, Save and Close, or Publish your page.
- You should now see a Media Web Part player that will play your audio file.
Note: SharePoint may automatically add the documents library web part to the page. You can delete this web part from your page.