Flash .swf Files that Use Supporting External Files
DO NOT EDIT THIS CONTENT IN INTERNET EXPLORER – USE FIREFOX OR SAFARI
Upload Supporting External Files
- Add any necessary CSS to the subsite or theme CSS files.
- Upload supporting files to the desired folder.
- Publish all supporting files.
Upload and Publish a .swf File
- Navigate to the images folder where you will upload your .swf file from the Manage Content and Structure menu.
- In the Images folder, upload the .swf file by selecting New Item.
- Complete the Upload Document screen fields and select OK.
- Update the properties for the uploaded document. Select the Content Type (Document, Image, Audio, Video) and complete the rest of the fields and select Save.
- Select the check box by the .swf file and choose the Actions menu and Publish.
Add Form Web Part and HTML Code
- Navigate to the page where you would like a Form Web Part to appear.
- Select Edit Page under the Site Actions menu.
- To insert a web part, choose Add a Web Part from one of the web part zones on the page, or place your cursor in a content area.
- Select the Insert tab in the ribbon, select the Web Part button.
- The web part gallery will open underneath the ribbon. The web part gallery shows the categories, web parts, and a description of the selected web part.
- Choose the Forms category and the Form Web Part. Click Add.
- Once the Form Web Part is placed on your page, mouse over the web part title and click the dropdown arrow ont he right.
- Choose Edit Web Part
- The web part editing interface will appear on the top right of the page, you may need to scroll up to see it.
- Select the Source button from the web part editing interface.
- Cut and paste the following code into the HTML Source window, but do not use swfobject.js.
- Change the data, width, height, and directory values to match the needs of your .swf file.
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/flash/EXAMPLE.swf" width="950" height="390">
<param name="movie" value="/flash/EXAMPLE.swf" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">
<param name="flashvars" value="xmlDirectory=/flash/&xmlFileName=EXAMPLE.xml&picDirectory=/flash/images/"/>
<!-- begin alternative Content -->
<!-- end alternative Content -->
- Click OK on the HTML Source window
- In the Edit Web Part window located in the upper right of your screen, use the Appearance section to adjust the title and dimensions of the web part.
- Choose Chrome Type: None to hide the web part title.
- Select OK to apply changes.
- When you are done making adjustments, Check In, Save and Close, or Publish your page.
- Your .swf file should appear in your page