Embed a YouTube Video
You can easily embed videos from other websites into a web page. Please make sure you obtain the appropriate permission or copyright.
The university has channels on youtube.com, and viddler.com. There are also some university videos on vimeo.com. To upload video to these channels, contact Integrated University Communications.
CU Online also provides video services for academic purposes.
To use a video from youtube.com or a similar website, you must configure and copy the EMBED code for the video and paste it into a Form Web Part on the desired page.
Obtain the Embed Code
- Open youtube.com or a similar site and find the video you would like to use.
- Underneath the video (or close to it) there should be an Embed button.
- Click on the Embed button.
- You should see a textbox that contains iframe or embed code.
- You can select a size for your video:
||Maximum Width for Video|
- Copy the embed code and minimize the window.
Insert the Embed Code in to Your Web Page
- Navigate to the page where you would like to insert a Form Web Part to hold your video.
- Select Edit Page under the Site Actions menu.
- To insert a web part, choose Add a Web Part from one of the web part zones on the page, or place your cursor in a content area.
- Select the Insert tab in the ribbon, select the Web Part button.
- The Web Part Gallery will open underneath the ribbon. The web part gallery shows the categories, web parts, and a description of the selected web part.
- Choose the Forms category and the Form Web Part. Click Add.
- Once the Form Web Part is placed on your page, click the Click Here to Add New Content link.
- Edit the Web part using the drop arrow on the right side of its title bar.
- The web part menu will reload in the top right of the screen, you may need to scroll up to see it.
- Click HTML Source button on the web part menu.
- Paste the copied embed code into the HTML Source window.
- Click OK on the HTML Source window.
- Use the web part Edit menu to edit the dimensions and title of the web part. Hover your mouse over the title of the web part Form Web Part. Select the drop down arrow to the right side of this title. Choose Edit Web Part.
- In the Edit Web Part window located in the upper right of your screen, use the Appearance section to adjust the title and dimensions of the web part.
- Select OK to apply changes.
- When you are done making adjustments, Check In, Save and Close, or Publish your page.
- You should see your video embedded in your page.