The first step in creating an accordion is to add the Accordion web part to a page.
To add an accordion web part:
- Navigate to the page in which you would like to add the accordion
- In the Page tab, Edit group, click Edit
- In the desired zone, click Add a Web Part
The Browse tab will open at the top of your window with web part options
Tip: You can also add an accordion to the Page Content zone. In the Editing Tools menu, Insert tab, click Web Part.
- In Categories, click the Widget folder
TIP: You may need to scroll down to find the Widget folder
NOTE: The Lists and Libraries folder is highlighted by default, so you will see any existing Accordion-Tabs lists in the Web Parts group. Do not select the list, scroll down to the Widget folder.
- In Web Parts, click Accordion-Tabs
- In About the Web Part, ensure the desired zone is selected after Add Web Part to, and then click Add
The Accordion-Tabs web part is added to the desired zone on your web page. An accordion is displayed by default.
NOTE: SharePoint has also built a list in the back-end for your accordion, which is where you develop and manage the content for your accordion.