You must receive special permission to an events calendar before you may contribute events. If you work for a school or college please contact your webmaster. If you work for an administrative unit please fill out this form
to be granted access.
Add a New Event to Your Calendar
- Navigate to your calendar web page and Sign In:
- When you sign in you may see an Admin Links box in the right column. This box is only viewable when logged in.
- To manage events, click on the Add/Edit/Delete Events Link. This is the SharePoint calendar you will use to manage your events. You may also have been sent a link directly to the area where you can contribute events when you received your permissions.
- You should see a screen that appears as follows, this is where you will add your events.
- To create a new event, select the Events tab under the Calendar Tools ribbon. Select the New Event menu option in the upper left corner and select the type of event you would like to create.
NOTE: Visitors can filter and search on the event category so it is important to categorize the event correctly.)
- Complete the New Event form with the Event details.
- There are four Tag fields that are important and will dictate on which calendars your event appears: School, College or Unit, Intended Audience, Administration Unit, and Event Location by Campus. These event tags will:
- Help visitors find your events by filtering these tags,
- Provide a way for website owners to display your events in their site, and
- Allow you to strategically place events on pages relevant to the event (i.e., events for prospective students will be displayed on pages such as Admissions that prospective students frequent.)
NOTE: There is an option for your event to Show on Main UCD Calendar. Select the box if you would like your event to show on the main UCD Calendar.
When finished with your event details select OK
- After filling out the event form you will see your event appear on the calendar