Step 2: Edit page
There are several ways to edit a page. You can browse to the page through a browser window or open it through the Pages folder in the Manage Content and Structure view. You may also copy and paste the address into the browser.
- Browse to the page in a browser window. You can do this using navigation or links on the website. You can also past the URL of the page into the address bar of your browser.
- Sign in to the website using the link in the footer (See Login, page Error! Bookmark not defined.)
The page will reload, and you will see the Ribbon toolbar across the top of the page.
Note: To see the ribbon, click Site Actions, and then click Show Ribbon.
You can use any of the following three actions to initiate edit mode:
- In the ribbon, click the edit icon
- Click Site Actions, Edit Page
- In the Page tab, Edit group, click Edit
If, however, you see that someone else is working on the page, make sure to contact that person before overriding their checkout. If the page is checked-out, you will see a yellow checkout message below the main menu as displayed below.
For more information on how to gain access to a page that is checked out, please see Discard Check-out page.