How to add alternate text to an image
SharePoint 2010 Page Concepts
Add alternate text to an image
- Locate the image you want to add Alternative Text (Alt Text) to
- Sign in to the site, and in Site Actions, select Edit Page
- Select the image you'd like to add Alternate Text to by clicking on it.
NOTE: Notice the image should have a black line around the outside with white boxes (handles).
- In the Ribbon, under Picture Tools, click the Design tab
- Locate the Alt Text box and add the Alternate Text description.