How to insert an image into page content
Just like your content, you will create graphics and images in a graphics software application outside of SharePoint. Maybe you will use Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, etc. Follow the style guide and crop the image to the correct pixel size for the image container on the respective page layout.
After the image is created, upload the image to SharePoint so it can be placed (inserted) in a Web page. Upload or add it to the Images folder in the desired site. Then, insert the image to the page by following these steps.
Insert image in page content
- Navigate to the page and sign in (Link to how to sign in)
- Select Edit Page from the Page group in the Ribbon
- Be sure and place the text cursor in the appropriate content container
- The Editing Tools tab will be highlighted from the Page group in the Ribbon. Click on the Insert tab
- Click on the Picture button and select From Computer, From Address or From SharePoint
From computer--if image file has not been uploaded
- Select Browse from the Select Picture dialog box.
- Locate the image file
- Click to select the picture.
- Click Open in the bottom right-hand side of the Choose File dialog box.
Note: A double-click on file name will select and choose image.
Select the destination folder to upload file to. As discussed before, all graphics files are recommended to be uploaded to the Images folder. See how to Locate the Default Image Folder for more information.
- Select “OK.”
- Complete metadata (title, keywords) as defined in the Metadata section.