To Create a New Site (Section) - continued:
- Click Create
SharePoint creates your new site, completing the tasks below (to name a few):
- Builds a default (home) page
- Builds navigation
- Sets up permissions
- Establishes a set of standard folders, including the following:
- Documents: storage for all documents you upload and publish to your site
- Images: storage for all images you upload and publish to your site
- Pages: storage for all pages in your site
- Workflow Tasks: not currently in use
The default page for your new site opens.
- Click the Publish tab, and then click Unpublish
SharePoint automatically creates and publishes the home page of your new site. Make sure to Unpublish your new site immediately after your create it, or you will have a blank home page viewable to the public.
- On your new site’s home page, in the Page tab, click Edit Properties
- Type the name of your page in the Name field
The information you type into the Name field is displayed in the URL for your page.
- Type the title of your page in the Title field
The information you type into the Title field is displayed as the title on your published page.
- Click Save
Your breadcrumbs will not be updated until you check in.
- In the Page tab, click Check In
Continue to Module 5: Edit Site.