Check Page In
- On the Page tab, Edit group, click Check In
The Check In window appears.
Check In has a drop-down menu with additional options. Although you do not need to activate the drop-down menu to check your page in, you can Discard Check Out if you want to cancel your edits, and you can also Override Check Out if someone else has the page checked out and you need to edit the page.
- In the Comments field, type details about the changes you made to the page.
Adding comments is good practice to keep a record of the changes being made to your pages; however, the field is optional. Comments are only seen by other users authorized to make changes to your site, not to the public.
Spell check runs during the Check In process and displays the number of spelling errors found. If no spelling errors are found, go to step 3. If spelling errors are found and you’d like to correct them before completing the Check In process, go to step 4.
- Click Continue to complete the Check In process
- Click Cancel
The page will return to edit mode with spelling errors called out in red. In the Page Headline and Page Subheadline fields, spelling errors will be noted with the statement Spelling Errors Found in red next to the field title. In the Page Content section, spelling errors will be underlined in red, similar to other Microsoft applications.
- Correct spelling errors
- Click Spelling Errors Found for errors in the Page Headline and Page Subheadline field, and then make corrections using the Spell Checker window
- Click in the misspelled words in the Page Content section, and then type the correct spelling. The Spell Checker window does not appear for errors in the Page Content section.
- On the Page tab, Edit group, click Check In, and then click Continue to complete the Check In process
At any time during page editing, you can check the spelling on your page: Put your cursor in text, and in Editing Tools, Format Text tab, click Spelling.