(1/10/2012 11:55 AM
Color has been tested agains all the sites. The links to all the themed sites are provided in the following link:
These colors work against all the themes. All that needs to happen now is that this needs to be communicated to all the site owners and departments.
in the layout I can use an EditModePanel and it only shows in when editing the page
masterpage would work with a LoginView LoggedInTemplate but it would show for all authenticated users even when the are not editing a page -- unless I can figure out the role groups properly but that gets in to perm levels.
either way we need to look at finding a happy medium colour/opacity level that works for all of the themes
looks like this was actually working but...
• Med School has a bg image on the sidebar that was negating most of the styling.
• how well it shows up (with its default colours) depends on the theme colours
• css did not include IE7 nor IE8-specific opacity filters
I added editMode.css to section home on staging via edit mode panel.
• Over wrote bg image to "none".
• Added IE specific opacity filters.
• Added a dotted border to make it look different.
Colour remains an issue. Greying-out this way depends on the underlying theme bg colours. So the darker the background the stronger the effect. So might have use a non-grayscale colour to make it stand out globally.
(11/10/2011 2:54 PM
1. figure out if .net is doing something and make it stop
This functionality does not appear to have anything to do with CSS. In Content1 layout, there is an additional attribute on reusable content for: unselectable="on" that shows up - maybe this is causing the problem. A search of the internet shows it to be a .net attribute: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms534706(v=vs.85).aspx