The following criteria must be met to ensure new design themes are centrally supported by University Web Services.
- Website must be hosted under the ucdenver.edu domain in the university’s officially supported web content management system (CMS)
- Schools, colleges, and/or units must have a minimum of 1 full-time employee (FTE) designated to filling web theme owner responsibilities, providing website maintenance, and conducting quality assurance testing as part of system changes and upgrades
- Web theme owner designate must obtain appropriate level of approval from department leadership and/or parent unit leadership
- Web theme owner designate must provide a business case indicating why the university or parent unit’s design theme does not adequately meet a business need, including benefits expected from a unique design theme
- Schools, colleges, and/or units must serve a niche or subset of the university’s market with narrowly defined audience groups seeking distinct benefits. NOTE: Units providing core operations within the university such as administrative units, bursar and registrar do not meet the criteria as they constitute the university’s brand.
- Web theme owner designate submits the New Theme Application, which initiates the New Theme Application Process