- Job Title:
- Junior Web Developer (Client-Side)
- Academic Technology & Extended Learning (ATEL)
- University Web Services (UWS)
- Scott DeMers
University of Colorado Denver (Downtown Campus)
- Hand-coding HTML.
- Use of front-end development tools such as Dreamweaver, SharePoint Designer, etc.
- Use of graphic editing tools such as Photoshop.
- Solving browser compatibility issues
- Coding and implementation using best practices for accessibility, SEO and various standards applicable to Web authoring.
- Perform QA Tests on new and existing websites and web applications.
- Current enrollment at the University of Colorado.
- Ability to hand-code valid HTML.
- Understanding of CSS2 including the ability to separate content from presentation and behavior (layout without using tables).
- Strong English written/verbal communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills and tactfulness are a must.
- Able to work in a close team effort where ongoing collaboration among team members and various interconnecting projects is a must.
- Must be comfortable making decisions independently as well as within a team framework.
- Must be a confident self-starter who possesses tenacity, curiosity, and a penchant for detail.
- Ability to work on-site -- telecommuting is not an option.
- Prior experience designing and building web applications in a higher education, corporate, or ecommerce environment.
- Experience developing websites on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. Experience with other CMS systems will also be considered a plus.
- Willingness to learn new languages as technology evolves or strategy dictates. Knowledge of industry usability standards
- Understanding of W3C web design guidelines and Section 508/WAI accessibility issues.
Remuneration and Benefits
Hourly rate = $10.00
Applications are accepted electronically at www.jobsatcu.com
Review of applications will begin October 24, 2012, and continue until position is filled.
Required Application Materials:
Applicants must include:
- A cover letter describing how your education, experience and interests meet the requirements of this position.
- Links to websites you played a significantly role in developing that demonstrate your ability to create web standards compliant websites.
Note: References are not required for this application but may be required for qualified candidates under consideration for this position.
Application materials and questions should be directed to Scott DeMers
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment.
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.