Calling CU Denver freshmen and seniors ...
We want your feedback—and there are prizes involved!
This is your opportunity to tell us what you think about your CU Denver educational program and student service experiences.
- Freshmen and seniors, check your student portal and click on the NSSE tile. You will also receive invitations to particpate from from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the survey by April 12, 2019 to be eligible to win one of 15 $100 Amazon gift cards.
- Tell us about your experiences at CU Denver in and out of the classroom, with faculty, fellow students, and university services.
- We have a diverse student body and need to hear your personal CU Denver story. Your responses will directly impact university policies and procedures.
Prior NSSE surveys helped to:
- Improve New Student Orientation and advising services,
- Establish the Student Commons building and Lynx Center and
- Create the Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center.
Why do the NSSE?
One of CU Denver’s strategic priorities is to “deliver an outstanding and innovative educational experience.” Administering the the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) allows the university to assess student experiences and identify areas for improvement and of excellence.
Conceived in 1998 and supported by The Pew Charitable Trusts, the NSSE was first piloted in 1999. Since then, it has become a gold standard for institutions gathering information from students with the goals of improving undergraduate education, facilitating benchmarking and responding to external constituencies.
CU Denver and the NSSE
The University of Colorado Denver has been administering the NSSE since 2001. We currently administer the survey once every three years to freshmen and senior students on the Denver campus. This cycle we will be asking the standard NSSE questions along with a module on student advising experiences and experiences with includivity and diversity on campus.
This 2013 + 2016 administrations of the NSSE continued the tradition of engaging with students, advisors, faculty and staff to ensure success and a continued commitment to disseminating NSSE data and facilitating a campus dialog about the findings. We are excited to reach even more students in our 2019 administration!