Why North Classroom?
- It was built in 1987- systems are failing and some areas have never been renovated.
- It is the largest building in the CU Denver Neighborhood (257,500 GSF).
- Renovation includes 32 classrooms (31% of all classrooms used by CU Denver).
- Total Annual Cost of Electricity and Heating = $568,887. Renovation will be LEED Gold.
Design: September 2015- June 2016
Construction: June 2016- November 2017
- Classroom Renovations- 32 classrooms will be renovated on floors 1-3, each ranging from 35 to 285 Seats.
Includes: Technology, Furnishings, Aesthetics (paint, floors, etc.), ADA Compliance, Lighting, site lines, and room layout (tiering, density)
- Building Systems- Part of High Performance Building Certification Program. $685,000 budgeted for efficiency improvements. Opportunity to partner on Energy Performance Contracts.
Inlcudes: new Roof, New Chiller, Fire Sprinkler System Replacement, New Air Handling Unit, New Electrical Transformers
- Departmental Renovations- Physics, Psychology, Geography/Environmental Sciences were left out of the Auraria Science Building Project and have not been renovated since 1987.
- Interiors- Restrooms, Stairwells, Hallways, Elevator Cabs
$22,145,908 CU System/CU Foundation
+ $11,325,741 CU Denver
= $33,471,649 Total