The work of the IT Services Systems Development Group encompasses the design, planning, development, and support of a number of specialized applications and projects that are either internal to the organization or have System-wide or cross-campus scope. Included among the applications managed and supported by the group are the Identity Management System (computing account provisioning, authentication and authorization for students, faculty, staff, and sponsored users), the IT billing system, and the campus e-Directory. The group also provides consultation to campus Business Offices relative to long-term planning and implementation of new applications.
The Identity Management System site at https://passport.ucdenver.edu/ provides a tool for employees to perform a variety of self-service account functions. At this site you can:
- Register your account so you can reset your own password online (during registration you will be asked to provide answers to some simple questions for verification purposes when you need to reset your password)
- Reset your own password (registration is required to activate this feature as noted above)
- Submit Sponsored User requests (for non-University people that need approved access to the campus network/systems)
- Find out answers to frequently asked questions about the Identity Management System.
- Perform user account tasks – this feature is for Department Approver use (Department Approvers are employees designated by their departments to manage various aspects of the user accounts for their departments, including Sponsored Users)